Technistone invests 22 million crowns into WWTP at its main production facility in Hradec Králové. The investment is related to the modernization of pressing and finishing lines. This year, the capacity of the WWTP was increased by 100 m3 per hour to a flow rate of 350 cubic meters per hour. The cleaner pumps up to 8,400 m3 of water daily. In the month it is 260,400 m3 of water, which corresponds to the volume of the nearby Silver Pond in Hradec Králové. Technistone cleans up to "half" Máchovo Lake in a year. "We appreciate the water and the overall ecology at Technistone. Water is needed to produce quartz. This is why the wastewater treatment plant cleans water from the entire Hradec area, including the administrative building. We clean about 95% of all water used. Remaining water remains in stored in waste slurries from which other regional firms produce building bricks and cement. We invest millions of crowns annually in the ecology, "Technistone investment director Tomas Duda says. The total investment of the company in the Hradec Plant in the last two years is 400 million crowns.
95% of waste water is cleaned again and returned to circulation
Technistone has completed the upgrading of new production lines this year, promising to double the capacity increase and produce innovative products. These changes were accompanied by an increase in the capacity of the sewage treatment plant. This year by 100 m3 per hour, next year by another 100 to a total flow of 450 cubic meters per hour. The planned investment is up to 22 million crowns. More than 95% of the waste water from the whole plant in Hradec Králové is so thoroughly cleaned and returned to the production process. The remaining unpurified 5% of water consists mainly of waste sludge. Sludges are passed on to regional producers who use them as a raw material for the production of building bricks and cement.
Ecologisation at the Technistone production plant
The ecological focus at the Technistone plant is to improve working conditions and the environment while meeting the legislative requirements for air and environmental protection. That's why the company invests several million crowns annually in the ecology and recycling of materials at the main plant in Hradec Králové. Overall, the company is working to make the production environmentally friendly. TechniStone products meet stringent European and American standards, are declared with several "green certificates", more than a third of the product portfolio uses recycled raw materials. The proportion of recycled components in the range of 20-70% is mainly in the form of recycled glass and mirror shards. Technistone makes maximum use of raw materials from local sources to reduce negative transport impacts on nature. 100% of the substances to be separated are recycled in Technistone with zero waste. Subsequently, 70% of the solvents and 50% of the oils are recycled. Remnants are carefully sorted, tracked, classified and handed over to specialty companies. The company, by building its own distribution depots, helps to reduce even much-discussed truck and shipping. Technistone is fully aware of the growing number of people for whom it is important for their employer or supplier to behave responsibly. Responsible behavior also plays a larger role in purchasing decisions. Technistone is another motivation for its customers, as well as citizens of the town of Hradec Králové in which the company operates.
The advantages of quartz are ecological and economic sustainability
The advantage of quartz, compared to natural materials, is its high mechanical resistance, its non-absorbency, color integrity and, last but not least, the choice of a wide range of colors. Because of its properties, hardened stone can replace natural material, and in many cases it is significantly cheaper. That's why demand is steadily rising. In particular, due to the above mentioned resistance, the product is also considered environmental sustainability. The slab is durable for everyday use and lasts for several decades in unaltered appearance. It could be said that the slab is an investment for several generations. In terms of both environmental and economic sustainability, both are met.