TechniStone® materials and products are of some of the most high quality and durable goods available on the market today, but they are not without limitations. These basic principles and guidelines for daily use and regular maintenance will help to ensure their continued long life and beauty.
In order to safeguard the long-term gloss it is not recommended to regularly cut food or other products directly on the surface.
- Heightened caution be observed while using special knives and sharp objects (steak knives, grill needles and spikes, etc.).
- Hot iron/stainless steel utensils, cigarettes, lamps, etc. can cause significant material damage
- Avoid using of cleaning agents containing hydrochloric acid, phosphoric acid, sodium hydroxide, hydrogen peroxide and other cleaning additives can cause irreversible changes to the material’s color (Savo, drain cleaners, mold, grease and scale cleaners, etc.).
Proceed with caution when handling utensils and other metal objects especially on the edges or corners of the surface (even the hardest stone can be damaged by heavy objects).
The stains caused by liquid substances (coffee, tea, oil, juice from fruits and vegetables, blood, kitchen cleaning agents etc.) should be removed by water as soon as possible or by the use one of the recommended cleaning agents if necessary.
It is possible to treat TechniStone® material by non-concentrated cleaning agents. However, we recommend to use products of following companies for frequent maintenance: Technistone, a.s. (Orange cleaner), Fila, Bellinzoni, HG International, Moeller Chemie, Lithofin, Akemi, Lasselsberger, Tenax, etc.
There are also special products on the market designed to increase protection against stains (impregnations, various products containing waxes). It is recommended to use TS Protection.
Cleaning in high traffic areas
In general, it is recommended to entrust the cleaning and impregnation in hight traffic areas to specialized companies. However we list at least some of the most important rules:
- For cleaning of continuously very dirty tiles, use only recommended products and not the mixtures of chemicals.
- For the protection of TechniStone® product in high traffic areas, use recommended protection and impregnation agents.
- In case of higher mechanical load of the product combined with greater presence of abrasive and liquid contaminants it is expected and recommended.
According to the load level it is necessary to renew the impregnation from while to while. It is recommended to entrust the application to a specialized company. Once the protecting or impregnating coating is dry, polish it over. If you do the polishing by a machine, it is always necessary to use only the disks with artificial fibers (PAD LUX) and not disks with steel wires!